MLA’s Public Health/Health Administration Section (PH/HA) offers a stipend of up to $500 to assist one section member in attending the 2015 MLA Annual Meeting in Austin who would otherwise have difficulty in doing so. The hope is that this stipend increases professional contacts, projects, and involvement for the recipient, and expands the pool of active members of PH/HA. PH/HA will offer this stipend only during years in which sufficient funds are available in the PH/HA treasury.
CRITERIA FOR RECEIVING AWARD
- Must be a current member of PH/HA and MLA.
- Any PH/HA member may receive this stipend one time only.
- Must submit the completed application.
Preferential selection will be given to applicants who document that they (in order of preference).
- Are presenting a paper at a PH/HA section program.
- Are a Chair or member of a PH/HA committee.
- Are presenting a paper at any section program (content should be relevant to PH/HA members).
- Are presenting a poster at the meeting (content should be relevant to PH/HA members).
- Have formal obligations at the MLA Annual Meeting relevant to PH/HA.
ACCEPTABLE CONFERENCE EXPENSES
- MLA conference registration fees
- MLA conference continuing education course fees
- Lodging costs
- Travel expenses (Air fare, rail, or daily parking fees)
SELECTION OF RECIPIENT
- The recipient of the award will be determined by a jury comprised of three PH/HA members, including the Secretary/Treasurer.
CONDITION OF RECEIVING AWARD
- Stipend recipients will document their experiences at the MLA conference for the PH/HA blog by August 31 of each year. An essay of 500-1,000 words would be sufficient, although greater length is fine. Some possible themes: people you met at the conference or projects that grew out of these contacts.
- Recipients will be required to attend the PH/HA section business meeting during the conference and are expected to attend the PH/HA section program when possible or (in the case of conflicts) other programming relevant to PH/HA activities.
Application Deadline: May 4, 2015
Notification Deadline: May 8, 2015